WHAT IS THE INVISALIGN GO SYSTEM?
Dr Charlotte Autore is treating patients with Invisalign Go. Its a virtually invisible clear-aligner tray system for mild to moderate crowding. A series of custom-made removable aligners allows for gentle yet effective movement to straighten your teeth. This technology gradually and predictably moves your teeth to your desired position. Treatment times can be as little as 3 to 6 months.
1. Photos, X-rays and scans are taken of your teeth to help create a treatment plan and to determine whether you are a suitable candidate.
2. Invisalign will then assess this information and provide you a customised 3D treatment plan just for you. You will be able to see the predicted position of your teeth after each aligner via a 3D video provided by Invisalign.
3. Customised aligners are manufactured
4. Initially you will be given 3 to 4 custom aligners that you wear every day and change them at home approximately every 1-2 weeks. You need to wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours every day. You can take them out to eat and to clean your teeth. Small pieces of tooth coloured filling material (called attachments) will need to be stuck onto some teeth to aid tooth movement and to help hold the aligner in place. These attachments only cover a couple of millimetres of the tooth surface and are removed at the end of treatment.
5. Every 6 to 8 weeks you will visit us to monitor your progress and receive your next series of aligners.
6. After your teeth are in their final position you will need to wear retainers or have a wire placed on the back of your teeth to stop them from moving back. You can choose to have composite bonding to enhance your smile.